Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Asthma has come back in 8yr old DD. Seven year cycle theory??

(2 Posts)
twirlymum Wed 02-Sep-09 16:45:21

My DD had asthma as a baby, and was hospitalised a couple of times due to it. Spent a year carrying round the inhalers and a huge 'spacer' device. She grew out of it at about 18months.
A couple of weeks ago, she developed a dry cough, and has then been wheezy after exercise (trampoline, cycling etc). The doctor said the asthma is back and I feel really upset about it. I don't want her to have to worry about carrying a pump everywhere etc. Is there any truth in the '7 year cycle' where it disappears for seven years, and then comes back?

carrie1985 Thu 03-Sep-09 03:33:28

i have asthma, and i am a firm believer in it. I was hospitalised regularly as child, then went through a 7 year stint in my teen where i didn't even so much as look at a inhaler. Now i sleep with 1 under my pillow..on the plus side though myself, and others i know who suffer it don't seem to be as bad the second time round..hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now