Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Impetigo + all 3 DC's on antibiotics

(3 Posts)
BigMomma3 Tue 01-Sep-09 22:42:13

Found out this morning that DS1 has got impetigo - pretty ticked off that the Dr omitted to tell me that it is highly contagious and what precautions I should take to prevent it spreading!! Thank god that I checked it on the internet just now!! I thought it was an infection caused by his excema (he's had it for over 2 weeks now and is on his 2nd course of antobiotics as the 1st lot did not clear it).

DS2 also has had a bacterial infection in his nose and is on anti bs.

DD also has a bad infection in her ear and is on anti bs.

Both DS2 and DD have been quite ill with high temps caused by their infections. Dr thinks they all picked up the bacteria from the same source and it must have been while we were on hols as it all started about then. Can't think how though as everything was clean. Arrrggghhh just need to rant grin.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 02-Sep-09 08:20:34

Its nasty when that happens. Pesky germs! (we had a similar bout a few years ago) Hopefully the antibiotics will knock it on the head for everyone, separate towels for you all for a little bit methinks!

Proudnan Sat 12-Sep-09 17:20:02

If it doesn't clear, check it isn't Herpes and NOT Impetigo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now