Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Water blisters on face?

(2 Posts)
FlightHattendant Tue 01-Sep-09 08:55:20

This is a bit of a weird one.

Ds is 6. Last year we went to a local festival and he had his face painted. The next day he had redness under his eyes and a few water blisters on his cheeks/nose.

They soon went away although he was red for a few days. I thought it was a reaction to the paints or maybe a combination of paints/hot sun (though I think he had lotion on as well, can't remember now)

Anyway...this morning he has one single water blister on his nose. It's weird - just the one, not really any redness, and he hasn't been near any facepaints. It's been less hot than other days, too, and I didn't put anything on his face at all yesterday.

Any thoughts? Could it be a food allergy? Tis a bit bizarre.

FlightHattendant Tue 01-Sep-09 09:03:33

I think I might have sussed it. He was taking some bindweed off the climbing frame yesterday...apparently that can cause phytophotodermatitis.

not sure how that correlates with the facepainting thing though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now