Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Burn on toes still red, should I do anything more?

(7 Posts)

DD nearly 2 was playing with dh in the kitchen a couple of hours ago and put her toes against the kettle. I sat her with her feet in cold water for about 15-20 mins and she was perfectly calm about them (after the initial shock/pain) but they are still quite red now. No blisters, which is probably good so I don't really feel the need to go to hospital. Should I leave them and will they be ok or should I do something more (put cream on etc)?

bump. Anybody for a quick answer? Ta

PixieOnaLeaf Fri 28-Aug-09 20:18:27

Message withdrawn

Ah well none of those - thanks. Do you mean dip her toes in cold milk? Will it work in the morning as she's in bed now?

PixieOnaLeaf Fri 28-Aug-09 20:39:02

Message withdrawn

That's great - thanks.

dm623 Wed 02-Sep-09 12:11:32

I'm sorry I can’t offer any medical advice, but I do work at the injury center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in the U.S.

The Center I work for has a web site with some good advice for caring for a child after an injury, it's called www.AfterTheInjury.org.

I hope it gives you some peace of mind and that DD’s toes will be all better soon.

Best wishes...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now