Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

temp of 102F eeeek

(64 Posts)
TheDMshouldbeRivened Thu 27-Aug-09 11:29:13

seen the GP and he says if it rises like that again to go to hospital for aFBC. sad
Thats dd that is, not me.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 27-Aug-09 11:32:05

Oh dear Riven, sounds nasty sad. Poor DD.

does she have any other symptoms?

TheDMshouldbeRivened Thu 27-Aug-09 11:33:36

just hot and lethargic. Nothing in throat, ears or chest. Bit weird.
And she is whimpery.
I just don't want to go spend 10 hours in A&E

MmeLindt Thu 27-Aug-09 11:36:24

That does not sound good, Riven. Are you off to the hospital? That is a very high temp, she must be uncomfortable.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 27-Aug-09 11:38:36

Have you managed to get it down a bit?

ikwym about A&E, fingers crossed it doesn't come to that.

AtheneNoctua Thu 27-Aug-09 11:56:49

What is an FBC? In my experience the docs never have anything more to do to reduce a fever than what I can do at home. At a hospital there is the added risk of catching something from other sick people. So, I personally would stay home until 104F. (unless this child is not otherwise healthy)

TheDMshouldbeRivened Thu 27-Aug-09 12:02:07

FBC - full blood count
GP is arranging transport. If she were 'normal' I wouldn't be bothering but because she is life limited and has epilepsy its off to hospital with us. Again.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 27-Aug-09 12:27:31

fingers crossed it's nothing serious Riven.

MmeLindt Thu 27-Aug-09 14:30:40

Hope that she is ok, Riven.

xXX fingers

PixieOnaLeaf Thu 27-Aug-09 17:43:44

Message withdrawn

TheDMshouldbeRivened Thu 27-Aug-09 20:02:48

her temp went down so we cancelled the whole hospital thing. She's still poorly so hopefully wont have a seizure but I'd rather be here than still sat in A&E.
Eaten a bit of food.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 27-Aug-09 22:06:07

Oh, I'm glad she is a bit brighter Riven smile and hope that she gets well soon and doesn't need to go to hospital.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 27-Aug-09 22:10:36

How is she now, Riven?

DesperateHousewifeToo Thu 27-Aug-09 22:23:08

Hope she is ok Riven sad

TheDMshouldbeRivened Fri 28-Aug-09 07:11:23

aaaarrrggghhhh. 102 all flipping night again and whimpering.
There's nothing wrong with her. No ear, no throat, chest clear. WTF!
So, guess where we are going today....

DesperateHousewifeToo Fri 28-Aug-09 09:54:00

uti?

Pinkjenny Fri 28-Aug-09 09:56:37

Riven, my dd had a temp with no other symptoms (see here) from Sun night to Wed night this week. She has now developed a big head cold but the temp has gone.

Hope she's OK.

MmeLindt Fri 28-Aug-09 10:11:03

My DD always gets a high temp when she has a urinary infection. I would get that ruled out.

TheDMshouldbeRivened Fri 28-Aug-09 11:37:39

just got back from A&E. They've taken bloods and will call me with the result. Didn't take urine cos they couldn't figure out how to get any out of a quadraplegic and did a swab of her tube hole.
S he is responding to calpol but is miserable and yelling right now. DH has her.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 28-Aug-09 12:15:31

I hope she is soon settled Riven.

TheDMshouldbeRivened Fri 28-Aug-09 15:27:19

bloods mostly normal - platelets are low but I have no idea what that means. They said bring her back (oh joy) if her temp goes up again and get a FBC done at the GP's on Tuesday to check her platelets. Her triglycerides were high too. No idea what that means either!
So the consensus is that she has a viral infection because they can find nothing wrong. Very fustrating.

lljkk Fri 28-Aug-09 15:31:10

Sorry to hear about this, Riven.

TheDMshouldbeRivened Fri 28-Aug-09 15:33:34

I reckon when children are sick a little glowy thing should appear on their heads with the label!
I am worried its septicemia but that would have shoed up on blood tests right?
She is hot and feverish, irritable, refusing food and vomiting if she has it, lethargic, blotchy and sleepy.
No rash though.

ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 28-Aug-09 15:40:37

DS had raging temp over weekend too sad

My theory is that when said that there was a pandemic of swine flu, they were playing it safe, but now when no one is looking, the virus makes a strike wink

Poor DD. Guess the good news though is that you won't have to join the rest of the crowd in A & E for bank holiday accidents?

Did you get your walking stick from ward 38? If not, we're back on Wednesday to see DS consultant, and could get it for you then, if that's any use?

justaphase Fri 28-Aug-09 15:41:02

Both mine had a virus last week with very high tempreture and absolutely no other symptoms. DD (12 months) had 105F - completely freaked me out. Both were better after 48 hours. Hope this is all you are dealing with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now