Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tasteless or chocolate multivit?

(5 Posts)
Dro Thu 27-Aug-09 08:42:45

Hello everyone. I am looking for a TASTELESS multivit for my 5 year old daughter. She likes her food but is reluctant to eat most fruits and veg, although we keep on trying to encourage her. We would like to give her a supplement so she gets the vitamins she needs, but it is a battle to get her to take anything with a taste, especially orange, lemon etc. (she would take chocolate flavour) I cant find anything online. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Andrew.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 27-Aug-09 22:58:14

Hello, there is no such thing as a tasteless multivitamin as most of them contain iron and that tastes well metallic.

You can however get vitamin drops and put them in other drinks - a few drops in half a pint of water is virtually tasteless. Don't drop them in hot chocolate though, iron absorption is impeded by milk.

listenglisten Thu 27-Aug-09 23:11:56

We have some that are bubblegum flavour if that's any help. Ds likes them even though he has disliked the taste of other types. They are by Nature's Harvest I think and suitable for age 4+.

CatHerder Fri 28-Aug-09 18:11:04

Will she have the chewy sweet ones? If you tell her they are sweets?

gannet Fri 04-Sep-09 21:05:10

Have just started my daughter on Haliborange multivitamins. They are chewy fruit flavoured. She loves them. Haliborange also do a multivitamin that is like a gummi bear, soft and chewy. Maybe this one would work. They are for 3yr+.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now