Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Blood test and elevated calcium levels..

(5 Posts)
Fluffypoms Wed 26-Aug-09 11:52:47

MY DD 17 months has had mri/eeg/ultrasound due to absence episodes and delayed milestone reaching.

had bloods taken and shows high calcium level. so checking vitamin d intake.

does anyone know if this is all interlinked?
is there a condition with all these symptoms?

dont get our results untill mid/late sept and driving myself crazy wondering whats wrong..

thanks

WobblyPig Wed 26-Aug-09 21:38:26

Have you researched Williams Syndrome?

DO you know how high the calcium level is?

Fluffypoms Thu 27-Aug-09 09:52:54

No dont know how high level is.
yes i came across williams syndrome some of it sounded like dd but bits not so sure hmm alot of it was todo with their social interaction, she is very friendly but she is only 17months so??

Do you know bit about williams syndrome wobblypig never came accross it myself before..

how do they test for it?

WobblyPig Fri 28-Aug-09 01:05:29

Don't know a lot about it but rang bells with the high calcium and developmental delay. People with Williams Syndrome are ratherly rudely described as having ' a cocktail-party manner' but I am not sure how that demonstrates itself in chidlhood . As you say she is young.
There are other associated abnormalities so a whole body exam and a number of tests plus genetic testing would be needed.
High calcium levels do not have very many genetic or congenital causes. I would think Williams syndrome would be high ont he differential list.

Fluffypoms Sat 05-Sep-09 21:14:48

Thank you wobblypig..
Guess i will just have to wait and see what paeds say. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now