Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Fever with no other symptoms

(12 Posts)
Pinkjenny Tue 25-Aug-09 20:33:17

DD has had a temp on and off since Sat night. She was quite off on Sunday but OK yesterday and today and she has been eating, drinking and playing normally. We haven't been to GP yet as she seems otherwise well. Have just googled and found all kinds of nasties. Her temp is going up about every six to ten hours. Does anyone have any experience? Am shitting myself now.

allaboutme Tue 25-Aug-09 20:37:32

ds2 had this a couple of weeks ago. i took him to docs after 3 or 4 days as still had temp and he had tonsilitus.
best to get your dd checked as could be infection in ears or throat that you wouldnt be able to see.

Pinkjenny Tue 25-Aug-09 20:41:06

She's been checked at out of hours - nothing.

rubyslippers Tue 25-Aug-09 20:41:58

urine infection?

Pinkjenny Tue 25-Aug-09 20:47:41

We've managed to get a urine sample tonight which I'll take in tomorrow. The OOH nurse wanted to send us to hospital but it just seemed ridiculous bearing in mind she was laughing and eating jelly tots. Sorry for the drip feed, am feeling a bit ashamed that I didn't think it was necessary to go to hospital. She does seem a bit congested to me though.

allaboutme Tue 25-Aug-09 20:49:59

could be teeth then?

Pinkjenny Tue 25-Aug-09 20:52:46

Possibly I suppose.

Elibean Tue 25-Aug-09 21:09:05

From experience, and what GP told me, if the temp is going up and down and not up constantly, its very likely to be a virus. Bacterial infections tend to be temp-up-and-stays-up, plus LOs much more poorly - on average.

I also think temp with teeth is not usually very high, so if its a higher temp - and she's a bit congested - its more likely to be virus. If its still high tomorrow, I'd take her back to GP...just to be safe...but really don't think you should worry too much or feel bad for not taking her to hospital. FWIW, if she's eating jelly tots and playing, I'd have done exactly the same as you smile

suwoo Tue 25-Aug-09 21:11:01

Don't panic love, it'll be nothing serious to worry about. She sounds fine in herself and that is really important. Maybe the urine sample will reveal something?

<<stern look at PJ>>

Now step away from google.

Pinkjenny Tue 25-Aug-09 21:16:39

I'm crap at this.

suwoo Tue 25-Aug-09 21:19:09

Crap at what? STOP IT RIGHT NOW.

AbbyLou Wed 26-Aug-09 10:39:15

When I saw this I knew it would be you!! You are not crap, you are a great Mummy who has trusted her instincts. You will know if L is really poorly. Hope she is feeling a bit better this morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now