Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dentist wants to extract milk tooth...

(6 Posts)
shigella Mon 24-Aug-09 16:45:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flamingtoaster Mon 24-Aug-09 17:12:39

My DD had to have a milk tooth out. We had a marvellous dentist. He explained what was going to happen, used the anaesthetic cream (rubbed it on), then under the pretense of examining the tooth and getting the nurse to wave something in my daughter's eyeline so she glanced to the side, he removed the tooth, passed it behind my DD's back to the nurse and sighed heavily, "Well I suppose we had better get this tooth out then." DD's eyes were like saucers - and got even bigger when he produced an envelope with the tooth in announcing, "Ta Da." It really is remarkably easy and there was very little bleeding as they don't really have much of a root.

I would just tell DS that it won't hurt, that these teeth come out really easily and that there will be very little bleeding. Hope it all goes OK.

MrsMopple Mon 24-Aug-09 17:15:01

Wow, your dentist sounds FAB, flaming!

flamingtoaster Tue 25-Aug-09 10:13:23

He was, MrsMopple - he even got her over her needle phobia later when she needed a couple of teeth removed before her orthodontic treatment - he managed to get the first injection in without her noticing! He has now retired and we miss him terribly!

haggisaggis Tue 25-Aug-09 10:19:17

WHy does he need it removed? dd's new teeth are always well through by the time her milk teeth are ready to come out and our dentist has never seen this as a problem.

shigella Tue 25-Aug-09 19:17:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now