Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

would hospital stitch inside a childs mouth?

(5 Posts)
plantwoman Mon 24-Aug-09 15:03:27

MY 2 yr old DS fell over this morning and bit the inside of his lip. It stopped bleeding fairly quickly, but he has quite a large flap of skin now which shows how deep he has bitten into it. it is not bothering him now, but I'm not sure if he should be stitched? thanks

Kathrina Mon 24-Aug-09 15:34:07

Hello my 3 yr old daughter did something similar to this 2 yrs ago but to her tongue. It seemed to bleed a lot so i took her to my local walk in centre and was told there nothing they could do apart from making sure she had nothing too hot or cold. To this day she has a flap of tongue still there and i am convinced that is the reason why her speech may be delayed. Hope that helps.

Amapoleon Mon 24-Aug-09 15:40:20

My ds did this aged about 18 months, I took him to the hospital and they said there was no point stitching as he would only pull it out.

If he's not bothered, then leave it.

Trust me, holding a screaming toddler down whilst they are stitched up is no walk in the park

plantwoman Mon 24-Aug-09 15:48:12

thank you - that is what I wanted to hear!
No the thought of holding down DS to be stitched fills me with terror quite frankly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now