Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Teething or upset tummy?

(2 Posts)
HeadFairy Fri 21-Aug-09 18:30:23

Ds (23 months) has had the runs for a few days now, second bout in a month... normally he's an ok eater. Not brilliant, but when he has an active day, and doesn't eat much lunch he'll tuck away a decent tea, and he usually has a pretty good breakfast as well.

Anyway, he's not really eaten for a couple of days... a mouthful of cereal at breakfast, one tiny quarter of sandwich at lunchtime, and not a mouthful this evening for example. But last night he had tons and tons of milk, kept begging me for more.

I'm assuming it's either a tummy upset or teething, but he doesn't seem in pain (occasionally over the past couple of months he's rubbed the side of his face as though he has toothache, but I can't see any teeth there yet) and he's his usual lively self, not looking ill. How on earth do I decide what he's got? Or do I just ignore it totally and keep offering (and throwing away) food? Do I keep giving him the milk he asks for or refuse to give him any more than his usual bedtime bottle?

HeadFairy Fri 21-Aug-09 19:59:29

Bah! He did it again tonight, absolutely hysterical until he'd had a second 9oz bottle of milk, that's nearly a pint. And yet, no tea! Surely if he had a tummy upset he wouldn't want the milk?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now