Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

what does green poo mean?

(7 Posts)
Domino1 Fri 21-Aug-09 09:11:25

My 6 month old DD quite often has green poo (or very very dark). Does this mean anything bad? She was often like this when she was little & before solid food but I thought that was a 'colicky' type thing, which would end but it has not & she has had a month on solids now. Also often the poo is hard pellets. She doesn't seem in distress at all by it but...
Advice appreciated.

bubblagirl Fri 21-Aug-09 09:16:20

my ds had this for good few years on and off and took him to gp who said perfectly normal only worry if poo is dark with blood in it or white

BertieBotts Fri 21-Aug-09 09:17:46

Poo is all sorts of colours once they are on solids, I find - from yellow to green to orange to brown...!

Ineedsomesleep Fri 21-Aug-09 09:21:54

If her poo is hard pellets is she getting enough to drink?

bubblagirl Fri 21-Aug-09 09:25:06

you may need to up the fibre maybe to soften it slightly or more water but apart from that all sounds ok

bubblagirl Fri 21-Aug-09 09:26:10

ds seemed to have loose nappies until he was around 2 when it formed properly but again i was reassured that was ok as it wasn't runny just soft just in case your dd goes the same lol

Domino1 Fri 21-Aug-09 21:56:08

cheers guys - has stopped me worrying (about this anyway!) Whoever would have thought I'd be emailing about baby poos on a Friday night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now