Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lumps in babies are normal right? OR Anyone had anti-TB meds?

(3 Posts)
TurtleAnn Thu 20-Aug-09 19:32:16

DS (4-months) has a lump on his shoulder, about the size of a broad bean.
The paediatrician x-rayed it and sent us home with anti-biotics. We have to go back tomorrow for an ultra-sound and to get it re-measured to check it hasn't grown.

Has anyone else had this?

The paediatrician thought it might be a reaction to the TB jab DS was given at birth and he might need 3-months of anti-TB meds?

Has anyone else had that?

sleepsforwimps Fri 21-Aug-09 13:35:45

Not a lump on the shoulder, my ds has a lump on his head, he had an MRI scan to determine whether it should, could or shouldn't be removed. The scan showed it was a cyst, it doesn't appear to be growing but they are keeping an eye on it, we will have a yearly appointment, which I find reassuring. Goodluck with the scan I hope it gives you some answers.

TurtleAnn Sat 22-Aug-09 10:18:08

Good luck with your DS.

The X-ray and ultrasound for my DS have confirmed his lump isn't growing and is a swollen lymph node.

The current theory is DS is having an allergic reaction to the BCG (TB jab) he was given at birth. Apparently this is cultured in egg and we were supposed to mention that DH and me were egg allergic as kids (because as first time parents we knew to mention childhood allergies!)

DS is on anti-biotics and watchful waiting. If it doesn't go down in 2-months they will consider surgery. If it gets painful they will whip it out swiftly.

So scary. Watchful waiting is so hard to do. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now