Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bump to head - feel quilty and cant sleep

(3 Posts)
barney123 Thu 20-Aug-09 01:13:26

is any one awake, need reassurance.
my 3yo fell from slide this aft, seemed fine all aft, just brushed it of as one of those falls.

At bed time stroking her hair, felt this huge lump on the back of her head, spent 2hours at urgent care. She is ok. Yes she has a bump on her head keep an eye on her etc.

I feel awful, why did I dismiss it? cant sleep for the what if's. Feel sick. Poor little thing must have really hurt.

MotheringHeights Thu 20-Aug-09 01:39:34

Big bumps can come up really easily on heads, don't panic and don't feel guilty. Also, don't dwell on the 'what ifs'. An egg on the head is not necessarily a reason to have a bang to the head checked out - sleepiness, inability to focus, nausea and irritability following the bang are the things to look for.

You've done nothing wrong and she'll be fine, truly.

DidEinsteinsMum Thu 20-Aug-09 03:48:28

PLus it is always better that the bruise comes out in a big lump rather then going in. Kids bounch and it is very easy to miss things. Two well used phrases in this are how did you get that cut/bruise etc and when did you get that. Half the time ds doesnt know either and he's only 4 1/2 so most of his play time is observed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now