Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS has broken his arm AGAIN. Only had 4 weeks out of plaster.

(8 Posts)
Milliways Wed 19-Aug-09 22:28:57

Poor DS broke his scaphoid bone in wrist in June, and had the casr removed at the end of July.

On Monday he tried diving again and came home saying it hurt. I thought he had just pulled a weakened muscle. Today it was really hurting so took him to A&E and he has a greenstick fracture of the Ulna

Poor kid!

edam Wed 19-Aug-09 22:34:54

aw, poor love. Left or right?

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Wed 19-Aug-09 22:36:19

sad It's being in plaster that does it. The lack of movement weakens the muscles. Poor mite.

Milliways Wed 19-Aug-09 22:40:35

At least it's his left (and he is right-handed). Also, he has more finger movement available than the scaphoid plaster, so he is able to type and play his new PS3 game (was his birthday last week).

edam Wed 19-Aug-09 22:45:01

Happy birthday to ds! (And tell him to be bloody careful with that arm in future... what Fluffy said makes sense, perhaps he should treat that side gently until he's back to full strength.)

Milliways Wed 19-Aug-09 22:48:42

Thanks. Well, I will make sure he doen't do Rugby at school for a while!

Was supposed to be arranging his guitar lessons again about now, ho hum!

OhYouBadBadDailyMail Thu 20-Aug-09 07:45:56

Perhaps it might be worth arranging some private physio if your budget will stretch to it to make sure that once the cast is off he develops the muscles properly.

Poor lad.

Milliways Thu 20-Aug-09 08:29:05

Yes, that is an idea. I DO intend to give them immense hassle over how to best rehabilitate him as after he broke his leg (2003) his tendons became damaged due to lack of Physio and they ended up giving him NHS paed physio.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now