Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does anybody know if you can still buy Calpol Night?

(12 Posts)
Bomper Tue 18-Aug-09 18:39:58

DD1 is recovering from a Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy. She wakes up every morning in tears as her throat really hurts. Will have to resort to waking her up periodically through the night to give her painkillers but then vaguely remembered seeing an advert for Calpol night, which was supposed to last 'all night'!! Can anyone help?

thighsmadeofcheddar Tue 18-Aug-09 18:41:54

Yes, boots,chemists, supermarkets etc. It's behind the counter so you have to ask.

Your poor DD

dizzymare Tue 18-Aug-09 18:42:17

Boots sell it, how old is dd? I vagualy remember it not being allowed to be sold for under 2s.

Sorry about crap grammer but you get my jist.

I got a bottle of Calpol night for my niece last week at local Superdrug. They questioned the age of person I was planning on giving it to as I had my DS (9 months) with me. Was like an inquisition and I understand they have to ask these questions its just I felt like a naughty schoolgirl! So be aware they will question you!

dizzy I was told the child had to be over 6 along the same lines as medised though it does say 3 months on packaging, thing they are trying to change that now though.

Bomper Tue 18-Aug-09 18:50:47

Thanks, will go on a hunt for it tomorrow. DD is 9 btw, so hopefully should be allowed it! smile

dizzymare Tue 18-Aug-09 18:55:10

Yeah, you're right, I just checked on netdoctor glasgow. Over six only.

Bomper as she is 9 will be fine! If your local chemist/store doesn't have it in you should ask if they can order it for you?

Hope your DD feels better soon and has a speedy recovery!

Bomper Tue 18-Aug-09 20:12:46

Thanks Glasgowmum - my lovely dad managed to track some down at his local chemist and bought it round to me. Now I am a bit confused. I thought it was sort of a long lasting version of Calpol, to see her through the night, but I am not sure now if it just has the same stuff Medised has in it to help them sleep. [confused emoticon]!!

Bomper Tue 18-Aug-09 20:13:45

Sorry Glasgowlass - how rude of me!!

No worries Bomper. I do think it is similar to medised but that may be just what your DD needs to help her sleep without pain. Its worth a try anyway and prob handy to have at home with winter approaching!

Hope your DD had a good night.

Seona1973 Wed 19-Aug-09 12:14:14

it has the same ingredients as both medised and calcold i.e. antihistamine and paracetamol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now