Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

nosebleeds

(5 Posts)
cheesesarnie Tue 18-Aug-09 16:33:00

ds2 is 3 and quite often gets fairly bad nose bleeds.my older two childre(9 and 8) have had maybe 1 each since they were born.

is it normal to get them often?and if so why?

jetcat32 Tue 18-Aug-09 20:22:12

mine used to get loads of nosebleeds - sometimes two or three a day due to allergies. She didnt have hayfever that we knew about - think it was dust allergies or something similar. That caused loads of scabs on the inside of her nose, which when she picked it she knocked it, would cause an impressive bleed.

She was eventually prescribed neo-clarityn (as opposed to normal clarityn you could buy over the counter). She took that for about a year, combined with saline drops to soften the scabs, and then all was well!

Does your ds have any allergies that you know of?

<<am not medical or anything, just my experiencegrin>>

TaxiLady Tue 18-Aug-09 20:26:14

dd suffers terribly from nose bleeds and I don't think either of the boys have EVER had one

she also has hayfever and asthma!

she goes through phases and won't have one for yonks and then seems to have about five in a couple of months!

cheesesarnie Fri 21-Aug-09 15:56:53

thanks both.sorry only just read messages.
he has asthma and hayfever so im guessing it must be related!
he had asthma check up on wednesday and i asked nurse.she said if he continues to see gp.

ABetaDad Fri 21-Aug-09 15:58:22

I had the a lot as a child and then they stopped when I hit puberty. No cause was ever found.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now