Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ds pain when urinating - any ideas?

(2 Posts)
Lindax Sun 16-Aug-09 22:22:41

ds 5.5 has starting complaining about a pain in his lower tummy and sometimes around to his back when urinating.

First mentioned it on Friday, and then again on Saturday. Called NHS 24 and went to see out of hours doctor on Saturday who tested his urine and says there is no infection, also had a poke about tummy and couldnt find anything wrong. Was advised to take a sample into own doc tomorrow which I will do.

All day today he says it is sore in tummy/back, but only when actually urinating, but not inbetween.

He is otherwise well, has no temperature, hasnt hurt himself in any other way, hasnt had any urinary problems before, and is not experiencing any pain in penis.

Any ideas what it could be?

ilovemydogandmrobama Sun 16-Aug-09 22:30:22

It sounds as if it's his kidneys -- tummy/back area.

I had kidney problems when I was younger and it's difficult to get diagnosed as it didn't show up as an infection, and was intermittent.

If he's still in pain, then I'd see your GP and ask what the options are if it's not an infection. Ideally, he would request a scan or investigate further.

Poor boy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now