Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 month olds monitor keeps going off (breathing monitor)????

(4 Posts)
jkb Sun 16-Aug-09 20:28:41

Hi
Should I be worried????
I have the tommee tipee sure sound baby monitor with the mattress pad to monitor breathing.... had same for my son... no probs..
however, with my daughter, the alarm keeps activating.. sometimes 4-5 times a night.. WHY???? could it be faulty?? could she be stopping breathing for more than 20 seconds??
by the time I jump up... the alarm is so loud, it makes her move & so it starts ticking again.... then maybe an hour later... its off again???? (she is right on top of the pad..so no issues with her rolling off it or anything???)

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Sun 16-Aug-09 20:32:04

Babies can shallow breathe so this could be causing the alarm to trigger maybe?
Sometimes in my experience these monitors are more trouble than they're worth and make you all paranoid.

jkb Sun 16-Aug-09 21:44:00

i do agree..but cos its been going off, i scared to switch the damn thing off now & so an getting disturbed by the alarm all night?!!

staylucky Fri 21-Aug-09 10:14:45

I had an angelcare monitor for my dd (now5) and it used to go off all the time as you describe. Obv she's absolutely fine and no harm
came to her but it's put me off owning a monitor of any description for my new ds. I agree that they are just paranoid beyound belief. I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief the day I switched it off and put it away x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now