Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Secondary Lactose Intolerance

(3 Posts)
Yarnie Sun 16-Aug-09 10:21:32

Hi all

My LO has, I believe, secondary lactose intolerance following a gastro bug. 16 days on, we're still getting 5+ dirty nappies a day. He is 100% BF.

Has anyone experience of this? Did it clear up on its own, or did you intervene?

At the moment, I am concentrating on not overloading him with lactose, by making sure he finishes the boob before offering him no. 2.

If anyone has any tips, I would be very grateful!

Thank you.

Yarnie Sun 16-Aug-09 10:23:19

I forgot to mention he is 5 months old.

jkb Sun 16-Aug-09 20:04:36

I would try cutting out all milk products for a few days (as it passed thru your milk) & see if he improves??? My daughter is 100% Bf but i have to cut out all milk products as she reacts badly.
If you see an improvement, try milk again.. if he reacts again .. then u will have to do a diary free diet..but you must be sure to get vits & calcium in other ways.. i have goats cheese & soya butter & oat milk.
hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now