Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My 15 month old DS caught the sun on his face yesterday, Any advice please?

(6 Posts)
Baconsarnie Sun 16-Aug-09 08:02:53

I feel like such a bad mother. Out in the park yesterday with DS. Cloudy and breezy so didn't think to put sun cream on. How stupid am I? DS woke up this morning with red cheeks where he's caught the sun. Anything I should put on? I've put a bit of sudacream on. He doesn't seem bothered by it and it doesn't feel hot to the touch. Any advice gratefully received!

Jumente Sun 16-Aug-09 08:10:15

Very easy to do, don't beat yourself up...it's hard to gauge how likely they are to burn when it's like that.

I guess the rule is always to apply it in the summer, which gets kind of expensive and annoying...in fact I'm going to start doing this myself as I've been quite lazy.

Not sure what to suggest re after-care, but sudocrem probably is good.

smile

MotheringHeights Sun 16-Aug-09 08:24:48

Aloevera gel is one of the best sunburn remedies and if the skin does get hot, keep applying a cool, damp flannel to it.

heavenstobetsy Sun 16-Aug-09 08:30:11

Savalon is a sure fire fix in my experience.

Don't beat yourself up, these things happen

Baconsarnie Sun 16-Aug-09 20:50:34

Thanks for your reassurance and advice. We've been out again today in the park but this time he was smothered in factor 50 and was wearing a hat at all times!
MotheringHeights, am off to buy some aloevera gel tom am.

TheProfiteroleThief Sun 16-Aug-09 20:52:46

Hypothetically,

all I would say, if for example your baby managed to get sunburned indside the house, near the patio doors, is ot lie and pretend he or she has excema until it heals becuase you are so ashamed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now