Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can I do anything about my newborns pimples / baby acne?

(5 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Thu 13-Aug-09 21:53:47

My DS2 is 3 weeks old and has a few small pimple type spots on his face and neck (prob about 10 or so), nothing too bad but I'm hoping they don't get worse. The HV said they will just go away but was wondering others experience of this? How long til it goes and can I do anything to help 'treat'it?

bunnybunyip Thu 13-Aug-09 21:56:24

its very common. usually lasts a couple of weeks and then goes. just keep his face clean of milk and dribble with clean water,

cheekster Thu 13-Aug-09 21:57:59

My DS suffered from this too, very little you can do Im afraid, but it shouldnt last too long - a few weeks at the most

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 13-Aug-09 22:00:31

Just keep his face clean and dry and they'll gradually go over the next few weeks. DS1 had loads and they were gone by the time he was a month old

kalo12 Thu 13-Aug-09 22:02:08

they will go - my ds had this till about 17 weeks.
A photographer told me that he only photographs baby portraits after 16 weeks because this is so common!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now