Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

tooth filling.....

(7 Posts)
ideasplz Thu 13-Aug-09 00:10:06

my ds 8 had broken the corner of his front tooth in the swimming pool. it was a very small part broken.
it happened to the same tooth before, the other corner, had filling done and it was very good. as time passed the filling went away a bit.
now the new filling seems to me like a patch, in fact a few small patches, not as nice as the other one. this dentist was older so i thought i could trust him, no need to question him about it. (and i had contact lenses on me-so couldnt see perfectly on that light and comment so much)
i had it done because he has bracelet appointment in september.
what i would like to ask is;
-this new filling, will it disappear a bit like it happend with the first one, thats why the the dentist left it like that? ( he mentioned something like-this tooth will need something done in future-i dont know what that means? he knew we had bracelet appt thats why he said like that, or did he try to mean something else-what can it be?
-i am thinking about visiting them again and ask what can be done or better leave it like that.
it looks so unprofessional to me now.
i dont have much information about such stuff, so i thought to ask some information here.
thanks for your advices-opinions in advance.

ideasplz Thu 13-Aug-09 01:09:23

bump

juicyjolly Thu 13-Aug-09 01:20:16

bump

cornsillk Thu 13-Aug-09 01:25:11

Is it a milk tooth? My ds's filling kind or wore away - the dentist filled it in again at his next check up.

ideasplz Thu 13-Aug-09 01:31:20

no, its not milk tooth, its the new one

cornsillk Thu 13-Aug-09 01:33:46

I would go back to the dentist - ask to see a different one if you weren't happy last time.

ideasplz Thu 13-Aug-09 01:35:39

yes, i will do so tomorrow cornsilk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now