Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

unwell after MMR jab - should I go to the doctors?

(2 Posts)
OatcakeCravings Sat 08-Aug-09 15:12:16

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a coincedence or not but here goes. My son 14 months got his MMR jab almost two weeks ago. The next day he was grizzly and off his food - vomiting after eating. He has been the same on and off since then. He will vomit after he eats anything lumpy and has had a few runny nappies. He has also had a slight cough and a runny nose and has had a temperature on and off. So he has been eating yogurts and we're back on the formula milk 3-4 times a day.

I don't know if any of this is related to the MMR jab or not but it seems odd that it started the day after he had it as my leaflet said that it would take around 6-10 days before we saw any side effects if we were going to see them.

I feel that I'm going to take him to the Docs on Monday but at the same time I feel sure that I'll just be dismissed.

Anyone had anything similar after their childs first MMR jab?

Thanks,

Oatcake

lljkk Sat 08-Aug-09 19:52:00

Since he's been unwell for almost 2 weeks, that alone is good enough reason to take him to the doctor and ask why is he taking so long to get better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now