Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Scary looking growth thing on my 1-yr-old's gum

(6 Posts)
HuffySpice Fri 07-Aug-09 06:29:55

I am sure he didn't have it a coupole of days ago. It is gum coloured (sort of bluey / pinky), about the size of a pea and hanging down from his top gum. It wobbles!

Have been googling and come up with an 'erruption cyst' which fits because he does have a tooth comming through there. But when I google images of erruption cysts (not for the faint hearted) they don't look nearly as impressive as what ds has got. Erruption cysts seem to look like a bruise or blood blister. This is a whole pea of wobbliness dangling off his gum.

Have booked a doc appt for first thing tomorrow morning. Anyone know what it might be or have any experience?

lucymum2four Fri 07-Aug-09 08:28:09

have you taken alook at Blue mole's.
as i know you can get these in your mouth?

HuffySpice Fri 07-Aug-09 08:37:08

Can't find anything about mouth moles online.

The thingy has now turned black. It must be a blood blister of sorts. Do you think it's okay for him to be seen tomorrow?

lucymum2four Fri 07-Aug-09 08:41:55

could also take him to dentist just to have a quick look..

HuffySpice Sat 08-Aug-09 16:42:19

We never got to the doctor because the thing disappeared overnight. Must have been a blister of sorts. Weird.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 08-Aug-09 16:53:45

DS has had a few of these when his teeth come through - much bigger than the actual tooth. In his case he has an emamel deficiencies so his teeth are basically dentine rather than enamel and not as hard so they cause a lot of rubbing and pain because they are not as efficient at breaking through the gumline.

May I suggest next time you give him neurofen, it reduces the swelling as well as helping with the pain.

And don't worry I rushed DS to the docs with his first one and she said 'blimey, that looks scary' but dentist confirmed what it was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now