Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Whitish patch in mouth

(6 Posts)
stonethecrows Thu 06-Aug-09 18:09:59

My 2 year old DD has a whitish raised patch on the inside of her cheek next to her back molars. She says that she can feel it (she thought she had something stuck on the inside of her mouth). But is does not seem to be sore, she is certainly not complaining of any pain. It is about the size of a one pence piece.
Does anybody have any ideas what this may be?
Thanks.

claricebeansmum Thu 06-Aug-09 18:15:26

Take her to the dentist. Sounds like it could be what my DH has.

stonethecrows Thu 06-Aug-09 19:27:08

We were only at the dentist last week. They didn't notice anything so I guess it can only have been there for a week at most.

CBM - do you mind me asking what your DH has?

teamcullen Thu 06-Aug-09 19:34:49

could it be thrush?

dikkertjedap Fri 07-Aug-09 14:11:31

You might want to have it checked, could be thrush, but I thought that also with tonsillitis (which might require anti biotics)you get a white patch ...., however, my dd tends to get a white patch(temporarily) after eating certain foods like laughing cow cheese ....

claricebeansmum Fri 07-Aug-09 14:13:15

DH has lichen planus. Unlikely in one so young I would have thought but get it checked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now