Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tonsils in or out

(2 Posts)
nowlady Wed 05-Aug-09 20:35:51

I am posting for a friend of mine. Her ds 4 suffers alot from tonsilitis he has been on 7 courses of antibiotics since Christmas. He has been referred to a consultant by his GP and the consultant told her that it was up to her if she wanted her ds's tonsils taken out he would, when she asked what should she do he just said well he does get alot of sore throats. She has researched the proceedure and is very worried about the possible side effects and the aftermath.
I am just wondering if anybody has any experience in the proceedure.

Also, she cannot get her ds to poo in the toilet or potty he will only go in a nappy and suffers quite alot from constipation, any suggestions??

sleepsforwimps Thu 06-Aug-09 09:06:51

I can only advise your friend from the perspective of someone who suffered sore throats, tonsilitis regularly as a kid, and subsequentally took many courses of antibiotics and eventually had quinsy as an adult. He is better off without them, it was not atall pleasant having my tonsils out when I was 21, apparently it is much easier having them taken out as a kid. Having been plagued by reccurent throat problems until then, I have had no problems with my throat since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now