Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

my niece has an ingrowing toenail....help

(8 Posts)
candyfluff Sun 02-Aug-09 18:21:23

she is only 4 months -what can my sister do for her ,it doesnt seem to be causing her pain but its very red and swollen .
tia

K999 Sun 02-Aug-09 18:23:48

gosh, didnt realise they could them that young! dd1 sometimes gets this and I make a little v shape in the middle of the nail...it relieves the pressure.

LilRedWG Sun 02-Aug-09 18:23:51

Personally, I'd take her to the GP.

candyfluff Sun 02-Aug-09 18:25:58

yeah i agree re the gp but my sister shares access with the babies dad and he is on hoilday at the moment and she has the baby for a week,will a different gp surgery take a look at her ,my sister is registered there ?

candyfluff Sun 02-Aug-09 18:26:30

having had surgery for ingrowing toenails twice iknow how bad it can get

LilRedWG Sun 02-Aug-09 18:26:36

Yes. We took DD to the doctor whilst on holiday and they treated her as a visiting patient.

candyfluff Sun 02-Aug-09 18:34:53

ok thanks will let her know

womblingfree Mon 03-Aug-09 07:38:16

2nd K999's suggestion - the v shaped cut in the middle of the nail usually works within a few days to a week, and make sure she has bare feet as much as poss.

If it's not bothering DN or becoming infected would try that first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now