Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is it just him getting over bug?? Reassurance PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

(4 Posts)
Becs77 Sat 01-Aug-09 20:00:08

My 11 month old DS started off the week being very grumpy/intolerant and off his food. Ended up having a temperature on Monday night and slept badly, Tuesday very grumpy and a couple of bad nappies suggesting tummy bug or I thought maybe teething. On Weds he seemed more cheerful and no temp but rash all over tummy and back and still very tired. (I thought perhaps post viral rash) Anyway, now he's pretty much back to normal (Rash has gone) and was racing around this afternoon at his friend's bday party. He just seems soooooooo tired despite sleeping well and having 2 long naps today.....he's also still off his food although was happy to tuck into a gingerbreadman at the party! What could this be? I'm a real worrier so would appreciate some reassurance.....xx

whomovedmychocolate Sun 02-Aug-09 12:30:06

He's getting over a virus - it takes about three weeks. Don't worry he does sound entirely normal for someone at this point in an illness.

Hassled Sun 02-Aug-09 12:31:31

He's bound to be extra tired - his body has been fighting off an infection. And if he can eat a gingerbread man then there isn't too much wrong with him - relax .

whomovedmychocolate Sun 02-Aug-09 12:33:21

He's also probably waking up in the night, but then settling down without waking you if he was teething so he's bound to be tired.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now