Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can you use T/gel shampoo on babies?

(6 Posts)
JBS75 Thu 30-Jul-09 13:06:22

DD (9 mo) has cradle cap and it won't shift. I tried olive oil but it's still there and she has loads of hair and it's just full of the flaky scaly bits (bleugh!)

I'm wondering whether t/gel might work? We have a bottle so was going to try that before buying anything new...

sockonmyhead Thu 30-Jul-09 13:48:27

I really wouldn't use that on a baby, it's a bit tingly on a grown up head so I think could be even worse on sensitive skin. You can get special medicated baby shampoo but it will go on it's own eventually.

JBS75 Thu 30-Jul-09 15:58:48

Cheers. Was just in the chemist for something else so asked the pharmacist and she said much the same thing. Got some Dentinox shampoo instead, so fingers crossed...

PuppyMonkey Thu 30-Jul-09 16:02:37

Dentinox worked a treat for us!

wilkos Sat 01-Aug-09 14:05:47

i second dentinox, but i also think dd just naturally grew out of it at about this age so you might find it disappears of its own accord.

did olive oil once, never again! she had greasy hair for weeks and smelt dreadful. i ended up washing it out with fairy liquid blush

Bad mother alert.

I got rid of dd's cradle cap when she had nits at the same time as her brother and I realised that the flakes came off really easily with a nit combblush.

Once I'd started I just couldn't stopblushgrin.

It never came back......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now