Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD has got diaorrhea without vomiting and is very well in herself......

(5 Posts)
steviesgirl Wed 29-Jul-09 23:46:09

dd is 3. Anyone elses dc just had the runs by itself and the child fine in themselves? If so, how long did it last for and when did you take them - if at all- to the doctors?

Dd has been loose since Saturday, and she just passes loose toilet after food, so about 4 times a day.

Thanks.

Cadelaide Wed 29-Jul-09 23:58:03

DS has just had this, same age.

Went on for about 4-5 days, he had a sore bottom and was a bit off his food but was otherwise fine.

alypaly Thu 30-Jul-09 00:00:35

you should not let your child suffer from the runs for more than 48 hours as they can very quickly go downhill with dehydration.I work pharmacy and we would recommend Dioralyte Relief as it has got rice in it to help bind you up.
Any reason for the trots....temperature, virus,how old is she?

LaDiDaDi Thu 30-Jul-09 00:02:30

If she seems well in herself, is still drinking and passing plenty of urine then I would only go to your GP if it lasts longer than a week or things change and she gets worse.

DidEinsteinsMum Thu 30-Jul-09 00:04:54

We have this periodically when ds(4) has:
1. eaten way too much fruit/dried fruit (raids cupboards when hungry)
2. Eaten way too many yoghurts with added bacteria culture
3. Eaten more fibre then normal
4. Its very hot
5. teething (3 yr molars (?))
6. Stressed
7. OVer tired
8. spends whole day with hands in his pants

Personally would leave it til after weekend and unless she is ditressed about it or there are other symptoms. But as you can see by above list this is pretty normal for us as he has high soya diet and find this causes loose stools. I suspect this is not a normal occurance and therefore would also be concerned. Could try NHS website (do they have website?) or helpline.

Hope she is better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now