Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Adult teeth growing through before the baby teeth have fallen out

(6 Posts)
Tinkjon Tue 28-Jul-09 08:03:33

DD (6) hasn't lost any teeth yet but 2 are about to come out. However, the new teeth are already coming through behind the old one. I've heard that this is normal but it looks like they will be too far back on her gum - surely teeth should sit where the baby teeth currently are? Do they just move forward once the baby teeth have come out, or will they be out of place or be wonky?!

clayre Tue 28-Jul-09 08:09:08

dd had this with one of her teeth, it did look like it was quite far back but whe the baby tooth fell out the adult tooth moved into the right place

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Tue 28-Jul-09 08:10:08

I work for a dentist and am advised by the dentist to tell people over the phone that this is normal and they will move around, so don't worry.

HTH smile

Seona1973 Tue 28-Jul-09 13:29:22

this is happening with dd too - the bottom middle adult teeth have come through behind the baby teeth. Her first baby tooth came out last night but we dont know where it went (whether it fell out or was swallowed). We had to leave a note for the tooth fairy so she could get her money as the tooth itself couldnt be put under her pillow!

yappybluedog Tue 28-Jul-09 13:41:50

my dd's 1st tooth is hanging out, it is at a 90 degree angle to her gum

she won't let me near it - how do we help it on it's way? (she won't eat because it digs into her lip)

Tinkjon Tue 28-Jul-09 18:42:48

Oh that's great, thanks everyone! Fanjo, I was going to call the dentist to ask - glad I'm not one of the countless people who obviously ask them that question then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now