Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nit virgin here. Advice please!

(9 Posts)
charmkin Mon 27-Jul-09 20:46:14

Have just spent 90mins combing and through and put on the nit repellent. This wasn't a few eggs, they were crawling around! How do you know when you've got them all?

foofi Mon 27-Jul-09 20:51:45

Comb through every night for a week or so!

whingeomatic Mon 27-Jul-09 20:54:06

get a Nitty Gritty comb (the design catches loads more eggs than the puny ones that come with the nit stuff), loads of cheap conditioner and comb every night for at least a week...

AitchTwoOh Mon 27-Jul-09 20:55:24

definitely the nitty gritty comb, they're great. but if your children's hair is thick or curly, i'd say use a good quality conditioner rather than a cheapo one.

whingeomatic Mon 27-Jul-09 23:16:54

good point Aitch - luckily dd1's hair is curly but fine...

AitchTwoOh Tue 28-Jul-09 00:09:47

dd1's hair is a freakin' nightmare come lice time. oh, my other top tip is to give them a lollipop while combing (keeps hands occupied) and to do it in front of the telly.

Tortington Tue 28-Jul-09 00:28:56

every night with conditioner and then a big chemical nuke on sunday.

most satisfying is the battery operated thing - they literally fry TZZZ ....TZZZ most satisfying

i found hedrin was a mirical

the doctors prescibe stuff for free - derbac i think - but it stinks

hedrin doesn't stink.

AitchTwoOh Tue 28-Jul-09 00:43:55

yy we were given derbac but i couldn't have put it on my pfb's head, it was absolutely disgusting.

Dazmum Tue 28-Jul-09 18:31:59

Nits for the first time this week, have used the amazing Nitty Gritty comb, which apparently you can get on prescription and Hedrin gel. Found loads last night with the comb, then put on the hedrin, combed tonight and found only two!Hopefully none tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now