Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

birth marks on baby face...will it fade??

(7 Posts)
hambo Mon 27-Jul-09 14:43:24

Hello

my wee baby (6 months) has a couple of marks on his face. He has one sort of purple on his nose and upper lip which seems to fade and reappear depending on temperature and his mood. He has a more red mark on his eyelid and between his eyes which is always bright and slightly raised.

My first child had birthmarks but much smaller and they faded much quicker. I am starting to worry that these will not go.

Has anyone had a similar experience and did you try laser removal?

Thanks in advance

piscesmoon Tue 28-Jul-09 08:42:32

My DS had a raised, small strawbery one on his back and the doctor said it would disappear by 2 yrs and it did-completely.

hambo Tue 28-Jul-09 21:53:05

Thanks Pisces

'tis a worry though

SixtyFootDoll Tue 28-Jul-09 21:54:30

A frinds baby had a 'strwberry' mark on his nose, that too was gone by the age of 2

hambo Tue 28-Jul-09 21:58:01

He seems to have two varieties of birth mark...

He is still very handsome though!

Claire2009 Tue 28-Jul-09 22:00:28

Dd has a strawberry one on her bum, I was told it would get bigger, then go white in the centre and fade away.

It did that, it's still fading away more and more. She's 3.5 now and has had it since birth.

5inthebed Tue 28-Jul-09 22:02:18

DS1+3 had/have these between their eyebrows. I used to call ds1's his poo alarm as it used to go bright red during/after a poo. He is 6 now and it is totally gone. DS3 is 8 months, and his is less noticeable as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now