Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

At what point should I be concerned about DDs weight?

(5 Posts)
Loopymumsy Sun 26-Jul-09 21:49:44

Message withdrawn

ByTheSea Sun 26-Jul-09 21:54:29

At that age, my DD, now ten, was exactly the same. The school nurse, who did her checkup in reception, said it was perfect and that if she got ill or something then she'd have the extra to keep her going. In any case, over the years she got taller (although she is still no taller than in the 25% centile for her age at best) and leaner and is very slender at this point.

Loopymumsy Sun 26-Jul-09 22:00:55

Message withdrawn

Sidge Sun 26-Jul-09 22:26:15

I would just be aware of her weight in terms of portion sizes, snacking and exercise. A child with a 2 centile difference between their height and weight is overweight so you might want to ensure that she doesn't get too much heavier. Try and maintain her weight whilst she increases in height and 'grows into it' if you know what I mean.

MerlinsBeard Sun 26-Jul-09 22:29:14

Has she just done an "outward" growth spurt?

A friends child seems to do a HUGE outwards grow and then a short while later does the same upwards. DS1 just seems to grow in an upwards direction though and DS2 kindly expands every way all at once!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now