Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Very pale poo, off food, grumpy, sleepy 16 month old

(12 Posts)
Ewe Sun 26-Jul-09 20:34:43

My DD has been off her food and has had foul smelling pale stools for the last few days. She is also very grumpy and has slept quite a bit more than usual, this could be teething though.

Has anyone else experienced this and know what it is?

TIA

Ewe Sun 26-Jul-09 20:48:00

Bump

jooseyfruit Sun 26-Jul-09 20:49:33

sounds like a stomache upset, plenty of fluids and rest.
hope she feels better soon.

Ewe Sun 26-Jul-09 20:53:31

Thanks joosey, me too!

She vomited her morning milk yesterday as well, forgot about that as it was so hideously early in the morning.

I made the mistake of googling and it came up with all sorts, will keep an eye on her.

splodge2001 Sun 26-Jul-09 21:50:37

what colour is her urine?

Ewe Mon 27-Jul-09 12:20:29

Normal colour, well, I haven't noticed it being any darker.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 27-Jul-09 12:23:48

Are the poo's a putty colour?

Ewe Mon 27-Jul-09 12:42:21

Yeah I guess so, a pale beige type of colour.

This type of colour - dulux link, not poo!

Ewe Mon 27-Jul-09 12:42:52

Just spoken to nursery and she has eaten some food today and seems ok, if a bit clingy.

littleducks Mon 27-Jul-09 13:31:51

Mine both had a hideous bug last week with a little vomiying and lots of pale, stinking poos (which leaked alot)

And Ewe you are awfu; some poor mner is going to have painted their lounge that colour and will now remind them of shit grin

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 27-Jul-09 14:59:38

Putty poo's, sleepy and off food can indicate liver problems. If you notice any jaundice in the skin and/or eyes, see a doc asap.

But, like littleducks said it can also be a side effect of a stomach bug.

Ewe Mon 27-Jul-09 19:12:03

Just checked, looks fine to me but will keep an eye on it, thank you ilike!

Sorry to anyone who has an almond white house blush Hope you and yours are all better now ld, it's rubbish. Hoping our holiday next week will help us all feel a bit better We've had a real run of it recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now