Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Travel sickness/ear popping problems

(2 Posts)
melmog Fri 24-Jul-09 16:06:05

I'm hoping someone might have some advice for me on this.

Every single visit back to my in laws we have had either one or both dcs become ill. High temps, grizzly, vomiting, not sleeping etc. Each time an ear infection has been at the root of it.

We've come to the conclusion that it may be because we have to travel from the north west to east anglia via the penines and that going over the top of the hills is causing it.

Does anyone think we might be right? If so, is there anything we can do to prevent this happening?

We're getting to the stage where I don't want to go back unless we do a much longer journey via Birmingham!

Thanking you in advance.

dingdong05 Fri 24-Jul-09 22:34:41

Give them boiled sweets to suck for the whole journey Seriously, if it is ear popping then follow the same advice for travelling on planes- suckling babies is ment to be the way to go so assuming that's not an option sooky sweets may work.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now