Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Vomiting mainly at night - a bug? Teething?

(3 Posts)
fadingfast Thu 23-Jul-09 21:55:30

DD is 15 months and has been sporadically vomiting since Sunday. She seems generally ok in herself - no temperature or other obvious symptoms, although I think her canines are coming through. I thought at first it was a bug, but it seems to have been going on for a long time. For the last 3 days she has been fine during the day (and keen to eat at least for the first half of the day). By evening she is refusing food and then has vomited (once) in bed each night. I am offering her just plain, bland food and she is eating mainly banana, cereal, pasta and small bits of toast.

Does anyone think this could be anything to do with teething or is it a bug? I am at my wits end clearing up vomit! I don't want to go to the drs unnecessarily when I know they can't really do anything.

Any other tips on suitable food? She is still b'feeding twice a day.

rockinghertosleep Thu 23-Jul-09 22:04:36

Each time DD (18mos) gets an ear infection she vomits every night until they clear up. And she seems to get an ear infection with each new group of teeth that come in... Is it possible its her ears? Maybe try her with some ibuprofen about an hour before you offer her dinner/put her down to bed? If it's the teeth/ears that might get her to eat dinner and keep it down. Good luck!

fadingfast Fri 24-Jul-09 21:32:15

Well I took DD to the Drs today - checked ears, throat, chest, temp and all fine. In fact she's been quite happy today, but towards the end of the day was less interested in eating and more dribbly. She has been coughing a bit in bed and it sounds as though she's going to be sick again.

I'm convincing myself it's to do with her teeth (and all the excess saliva), as I can't otherwise understand why she's not being sick at any other time during the day. I don't think the Dr was convinced though and seemed to think it was just a bug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now