Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Infective conjunctivitis in 19 week old - any suggestions?

(2 Posts)
IsItMeOr Thu 23-Jul-09 11:36:13

My DS has had watery eyes since Sunday before last. Took to GP on the first Monday and she says infective conjunctivitis, clean it with boiled water. If it gets green gunge, use these antibiotic drops. Ah, says IsItMeOr, green gunge that I cleaned out this am, so starts using drops. By Thursday, eyes stop watering, so stops using drops on Saturday. By Sunday, eyes look a little "full" again, and properly leaking on Monday again.

Am now wiping out with boiled water, washing everything he touches after one use where practical.

Poor little mite is on/off whingey, and not his usual cheery self.

Is there anything else I should be doing? Guess I go back to GP on Monday if he's still runny?

Thanks!

IsItMeOr Thu 23-Jul-09 11:47:24

Soory, also meant to ask whether all that washing is for his benefit (does he reinfect himself?! I am rubbish at human biology, can you tell?) or to stop us from getting it? If latter, I probably don't need to be quite so keen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now