Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

15mnth old teeth have chipped on bottom, normal? Does it mean they are soft/weak.

(3 Posts)
FifiK Thu 23-Jul-09 10:26:48

Hi I feel a bit daft asking this but my 15mnth old dd's two front teeth have in the last week or so gone jaggedy/chipped along bottom, where once they were smooth. Her teeth look ok but do you think this means they are weak. She still puts everything in her mouth for a chew no matter how hard (does this ever stop?) I think something must have damaged them. Do dentists see babies? Or is this quite normal? Thanks for any help/info.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 23-Jul-09 18:22:51

You should take your child to a dentist as soon as they get their teeth so yes, they will see her.

DS1 has jagged teeth - his adult two teeth - and the dentist said it was normal but I don't know that it is at this young age so I would take her for a check up.

FifiK Thu 30-Jul-09 13:41:24

thanks for your reply I've booked her into a dentist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now