Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone read Gut & Psychology Syndrome by Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride?

(8 Posts)
parachutes Wed 22-Jul-09 16:04:40

Not sure is this will be the correct place for this question but I'll start here.
Has anyone read this book and started on the GAPS diet plan? Would really like to hear from anyone that's doing it. Thx

margobambino Thu 23-Jul-09 13:44:51

I haven't read it but this is an interesting subject and I am watching this thread. So, bumping for you.

parachutes Thu 30-Jul-09 10:53:41

Thanks for the bump. My broadband has been down for days so it's been a nightmare!

parachutes Mon 05-Oct-09 17:59:51

Bump just in case there's anyone out there smile

nightcat Mon 05-Oct-09 18:25:32

Yep, brilliant, I have learnt a lot.
There is a lot of logic in there that we apply, although not strictly 100% in our case. We are doing gluten-free and I have been using some of recipes she does even before I read the book.
The book gave me direction and answered questions I never knew I had.
Which bit are you thinking of?

EmmyFlavs Tue 07-May-13 14:51:48

Hi, new here!!

I have been doing the GAPS diet ( along with family) for seven months now, and the difference is staggering, though it was not without teething problems, and needed masses amounts of commitment and patience. ( I am as I type munching on my fermented Veggies which also took a lot of fails before getting the kefir to the right consistency).

Anyway, if any of you Mums on here are thinking about MMR vaccine, then this book is worth buying JUST for the small common sense chapter attributed to the vaccine topic. It basically tells you that vaccines themselves per se aren't bad, but vaccines in a body that has underlying health issues/auto immune deficiencies/Asthma/Bowel conditions are more likely to react very badly after having three live viruses put into the childs body. The common sense part is clearly laid out in as much as Measles for example, is less likley to kill your child than the health issue that has reacted to the live virus has. She recommends single vaccines with 6 months gaps, and a FULL blood works before embarking on MMR. Children who have Chrones disease and above mentioned conditions should stay away altogether. Her Book has been aproved by the Imperial College London and many other instiutions/Hospitals in the Uk and around the world , all stating that ' every GP, every MOTHER should have this book.

Anyway, ramble over, back to the veggies!!!

EmmyFlavs Tue 07-May-13 14:55:27

Re cap Three live virus strains into one body that has not been fully medically checked to make sure it is on peak condition is russian roulette , these checks can save your childs life, and save your child from serious side effects/disabilities, the research is there, of all the people in this country alone who have died as a result of ANY vaccine,from MMR through to the HPV , a verdict of 'underlying health problems' has been documented by the Health Board.

EmmyFlavs Tue 07-May-13 14:56:41

Bump!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now