Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

please someone tell me their dc has had this freaky sporadic bug, cos it really is going on for a while now and a bit wierd

(13 Posts)
ipiratethief Mon 20-Jul-09 20:46:42

Dd had a cough 2 weeks ago. two days off school. Went back last monday, altho had complained of a hurting tummy the sunday night. Absolutely fine monday and tuesday, yet woke wednesday with temp and banging headache. It's not totally weird, in itself, yet sat and sunday daytimes, she has been seemingly fine. Out and about, laughing, joking and eating normally. Yet come the early evening back comes the headache and bad tummy.
This evening sheis in bed, feels cold, but is very warm and complaining of aching legs.

It just seems like a very odd set of symptoms, in how its going away and coming back, iyswim?

just to know ONE person relates to this would be a blessing, and i can stop fretting! thankyou.

ipiratethief Mon 20-Jul-09 20:48:00

forgot to add she was off wednesday and thursday, back to school friday, but school rang me about 11 am friday to get her home.

ipiratethief Mon 20-Jul-09 20:57:08

bump

drowninginclutter Mon 20-Jul-09 21:02:49

Not quite the same but sort of similar.

DS was sick tues morning, bit pale and listless during the day. Fine wed until the evening when he was sick again. Absolutely fine over the weekend then sick this morning and severe runny nose all day. He hasn't had a temp but I'd guess his tummy has been hurting at times (he's only 14 months so can't confirm or deny).

ipiratethief Mon 20-Jul-09 21:06:35

thanks for your reply, forgot to say my dd is 7.

sic would prb indicate tummy ache yes. poor thing. dd hasn't been sick tho. Just abug, a wierd one then?

I hate this feeling like you don't understand whats going on. A trip to the gp will no doubt result in 'virus'.

drowninginclutter Mon 20-Jul-09 21:10:35

Probably just a virus but if it's ongoing from 2 weeks ago it might be worth a trip to the Dr. Then again, there's so many things doing the rounds at the moment it might be 2 unrelated bugs. I blame the lack of sunshine not killing off all the germs smile

ipiratethief Mon 20-Jul-09 21:14:11

interesting, you're in grey pissy down devon too!!

i think 2 unrelated bugs also. ok , so this one is now an eight dayer! on and off tho.

drowninginclutter Mon 20-Jul-09 21:15:35

You're not anywhere near Tiverton are you? There's a meet-up there tomorrow if we're all well enough!

ipiratethief Mon 20-Jul-09 21:22:26

hi, no am in southern most devon, stix like area!

but thankyou.

drowninginclutter Mon 20-Jul-09 21:30:04

It's lovely down that way smile. Hope your DD feels better soon.

dinny Mon 20-Jul-09 21:31:13

er, swine flu, dare I suggest...?

drowninginclutter Mon 20-Jul-09 21:35:08

Surely swine flu would be much worse though? I've been bedridden when I've had flu before...

ipiratethief Tue 21-Jul-09 11:06:57

dinny why would you think that, is there a lesser version, kinda watered down one !

It had crossed my mind, but I think i was just wary, becuase of all the current news about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now