Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Deep joy, Chicken Pox in time for the holidays....

(5 Posts)
smee Mon 20-Jul-09 13:06:27

I would love to know the average time your DC developed Chicken Pox between being exposed to it and it arriving? I know incubation can be up to 21 days, but does it normally take that long, or is it more usually full tilt before that? DS had a mate round with a couple of unexplained spots that quickly turned into CP 9 days ago now, and I'm trying to think worst case scenario in terms of timing/ holidays, etc.

LIZS Mon 20-Jul-09 13:08:02

ds was about 14 days, dd possibly less(didn't even know it was going round the preschool which she attended pm only).

mankyscotslass Mon 20-Jul-09 13:09:48

Eldest Ds was 14 days from exposure to developing it. DD developed it 21 days after he started with it, and littlest manky 22 days after her.

madwomanintheattic Mon 20-Jul-09 13:09:58

14 days. we had it in half term. again, perfectly timed. wink

smee Mon 20-Jul-09 13:29:11

Blimey you're all so quick, thankyou. 14 days sounds like the average then. Perfect for a lovely long weekend away I had planned... hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now