Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Has anyones child lost their glasses?

(9 Posts)
clayre Sun 19-Jul-09 19:10:49

My ds 4 has just lost his glasses, i know he will get a replacement pair but do i have to drag him and dd to the optitions tomorrow or will they order a new pair if i just phone them?

clayre Sun 19-Jul-09 20:28:04

anyone?

MrsMuddle Sun 19-Jul-09 20:35:57

If it's a recent prescription, and you want the exact same pair, you can probably just re-order over the phone, and then when they arrive, you'll need to take him in to make sure the frames fit etc.

Then, as soon as the new ones arrive, you'll find the old ones. wink

cat64 Sun 19-Jul-09 20:45:29

Message withdrawn

Furball Sun 19-Jul-09 20:50:16

yes happened to us too. I just rang and ordered a new pair then ds had to go for the fitting.

They have all the measurements on file anyway.

clayre Sun 19-Jul-09 20:59:28

thank you, thats what i was hoping, i just want the same as he has got as he is due back at the eye clinic for a full eye test in august and will get a voucher for new frames and prescription, so will get another new pair in august hopefully.

I dont think they will ever be found, he lost them outside and we have a big grassy area out our fronts with loads of bushes and trees and he cant remember where he lost them.

He also ripped and ruined a pair of new jeans climbing trees, my nerves are very frayed today.

DebiTheScot Sun 19-Jul-09 21:03:05

another pair of jeans? oh dear (sorry hijack)

clayre Sun 19-Jul-09 21:14:09

your not helping it was his Mr Bump jeans, they are totally ruined!

clayre Mon 20-Jul-09 09:15:23

i have phoned the optition and they are ordering him a new pair urgently, yay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now