Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

please help child 2 years cannot poo

(8 Posts)
trace2 Sun 19-Jul-09 18:22:13

i had an other thread about her problems well she still not pooed in two days only marking her nappies and crying what can i do tried orange juice what can i give her till i can phone gp in morning?

bigchris Sun 19-Jul-09 18:26:12

lactulose - you can get it from the chemist if you say its for you

or syrup of figs

trace2 Sun 19-Jul-09 18:26:43

i have some how much do i give her?

cyphercat Mon 20-Jul-09 19:31:28

my dd had this. I changed her cow's milk to goats' milk and it has been much better. and some dried fruit and just LOTs of drink and be patient. It will have to come out eventually. I think I tried tiny bit of metamucil or some kind of natural laxative thing every day and it helped.

TomCruise Mon 20-Jul-09 19:32:58

see gp. don't leave it, these things can get out of hand

trace2 Mon 20-Jul-09 19:43:16

we been to gp she as a cows milk allergy and dont eat by mouth and can not eat lump they gave her a suppository and told to go back in morning if she not been, well she as done two golf very hard poos and cried all day not moved lifeless and still needs to do more.

it all stated as our nurse told us to try dairy and this was the result iv phoned her told her she not having any more till she been retested.

MerlinsBeard Mon 20-Jul-09 19:48:18

what do you mean she is lifeless?

trace2 Mon 20-Jul-09 20:26:03

very tired not wanting to get up, but she done another big one and looks like on the end ( me hopes)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now