Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

managed to give DD of 16 mo a fromage frais that had gone off...

(11 Posts)
IHeartIona Sat 18-Jul-09 12:58:25

didn't realised till i was mopping it off the floor. she didn't eat much, but do you think it is likely to make her sick?
thanks

belgo Sat 18-Jul-09 12:59:46

If you didn't notice it was gone off, then I'm sure it won't be anything that bad.

LIZS Sat 18-Jul-09 13:00:45

off in what way ? contents often separate but are fine to eat and the odd day or two past date is ok too.

IHeartIona Sat 18-Jul-09 13:02:12

thanks belgo. it seemed to smell off when wiping it up. fingers crossed. she started nursery 4 months ago and seems to alway be ill, so inflicting more sickness on her would just be awful

IHeartIona Sat 18-Jul-09 13:03:11

it smelled off LIZS, the use by date was fine (1st Aug). wondering if the fridge door was left open as my milk was off this morning too (though that was past its date)

belgo Sat 18-Jul-09 13:04:28

Try not to worry, it doesn't sound like it was that gone off.

Bubbaloo Sat 18-Jul-09 13:10:34

Maybe you had a powercut,during the storm.My mum is also in London and had no electric for 11 hours.

belgo Sat 18-Jul-09 13:11:37

bubbaloo- wouldn't there be melted ice if that were the case?

Bubbaloo Sat 18-Jul-09 13:22:37

Usually,but strangely enough everything in my mums freezer was ok.
However,her neighbour had to throw nearly everything away,and she also had a puddle on the kitchen floor.

belgo Sat 18-Jul-09 13:38:03

It depends on the freezer. My freezer will hold it's temperature for 24 hours. But if food starts going off during a black out, that would mean that the fridge/freezer was not maintaining it's temperature in which case there would be other signs of defrosting.

acebaby Sat 18-Jul-09 20:28:28

my 14mo DS2 ate a big chunk of poo 3 days ago (don't ask... )and is fine. It is completely amazing what toddlers can eat with no apparent ill effect. Try not to worry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now