Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Big bruise on cheek won't go away

(6 Posts)
loisstella Sat 18-Jul-09 06:13:22

My daughter is 14 months and cruising around the house climbing on everything.
The other day she bumped her face on a sofa leg and she's had a big nasty bruise on her face. We're now 10 days in and the bruise is still very much there. Oddly she seems to have developed a red rash around the bruise too.
I know toddlers bruise - but 10 days seems long?
Should I be concerned?

LIZS Sat 18-Jul-09 12:57:30

dd, then 16 months, had what we thought was a bruise on her face but turned out to be something unusual called Erythema Nodosum. it came and went with changes in temperature for several months.

loisstella Sat 18-Jul-09 14:59:11

Hmmmmm. Mia does not seem to have a temperature but I will keep an eye on that. Thanks for the tip. What could be done about this? Was it upsetting to your little girl?

LIZS Sat 18-Jul-09 15:03:28

dd didn't have a temperature either and no it didn't bother her . The mark went in about 10 days apart from when hot or cold when the "bruise" would reappear. The skin had a slightly thicker feel to it than just a bruise.

loisstella Sat 18-Jul-09 17:49:43

Hmmmm... She's just come out with a few more red marks, like a rash. May be totally unrelated but think I might just run her over to the doctor tomorrow.

loisstella Sat 18-Jul-09 17:51:04

Ps we live in the middle east - so very hot. I wonder if Mia may have the same thing as your DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now