Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Are there any dentists or dental nurses on here? I think DS1 has a dental emergency...

(4 Posts)
dinosaur Fri 17-Jul-09 23:33:54

DS1 is 10 and has a history of tooth problems. Tonight he claims to have done something to one of his molars biting on a hard piece of chocolate! I can hardly believe that this is really possible, but I have checked that the tooth is a bit wobbly.

He is distraught, having only just recovered from having yet more baby teeth removed (combination of adult teeth failing to come through, and overcrowding). Plus it is his birthday celebration tomorrow and plus from Sunday he is away for four weeks. What the hell do I do? Help!

sazm Fri 17-Jul-09 23:40:24

is he in pain?

dinosaur Sat 18-Jul-09 07:55:11

No, he wasn't in pain, he just said it felt funny. And now this morning it transpires that the tooth came out during the night! What do we we now?

foxinsocks Sat 18-Jul-09 08:04:09

ow!

when one of my molars came out (grr also broken by biting on something) I was told the risk was that as the mouth grows, the other teeth will eventually crowd in on that space.

Are you sure the whole tooth came out?

Can you find a dentist's surgery open and call them?

Otherwise, is he going away in the UK and could you pay for him to be looked at at a different surgery?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now