Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD hass broken her back tooth in half!

(3 Posts)
ess Tue 14-Jul-09 22:46:05

I noticed half her back tooth missing when I brushed her teeth tonight(shes 4). She was at childminders/nursery today but don't think she had a fall bad enough to break it. I feel awful- casn't help thinking was it me not brushing her teeth properly that it's deteriorated? She says its not painful but is very jagged. I'm going to call the dentist in the morning. Thing is I was about to make her first appointment and now she may end up having a filling, poor scrap. Any ideas what they may do please? Thankyou.

JJsandcat Wed 15-Jul-09 08:40:46

Sorry, not a dentist but didn't want to let this go unanswered. I think you should insist on being seen ASAP. Ideally, children should see a dentist when the very first teeth come through. I will be taking my dd (9mths) in 6 weeks time, when we're back in Europe so she can be checked.

There's not really much they can do with a broken tooth I suspect. And it's her milk teeth. Did your DD remember what happened? Did she try to eat something at nursery, like a stone or marble, etc? Children do these things. I would definitely ask the childminders. Surely, breaking a tooth cannot go unnoticed???

Good luck for your LO.

ess Wed 15-Jul-09 13:40:22

Thanks for that. No one seems to know how it happened. She said she thinks it was the cucumber she had for lunch- bless her! Weve got a dental appointment on Friday. I must confess I didn't realise you should take your children that early. DD2 is 21 months and she hasn't been yet and got all her teeth. Maybe I'll get the dentist to look at hers too while we're there. What an awful mummy I am!wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now