Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6yo with an eating disorder, what can be done?

(4 Posts)
Confuzzeled Tue 14-Jul-09 21:20:50

He says he doesn't like eating, if you push the issue he'll stuff some food in his mouth and force himself to swallow. He eats less than my 2yo dd and is very thin.

The worst thing is the stuff he says -
"My mummy won't love me if I'm fat."
"I want to stay small forever."

It's breaking my heart.

GarconsSontCommeDesChiens Tue 14-Jul-09 21:27:56

I think you need to see a professional, CF


Sidge Tue 14-Jul-09 21:32:15

He needs to see a specialist; see your GP and ask for a referral. Often CAMHS are the people that treat eating disorders.

It must be hard, I feel for you.

Confuzzeled Tue 14-Jul-09 21:40:19

Thanks, just have to convince his mother now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now